Monday 6 March 2017

Exam stress season

‘Tis the season not to be jolly – otherwise known as the ‘exam stress season’. It’s like the flu season, but without the cough.

So here I am, juggling the very different needs of my three daughters, two of whom have exams this summer.

Here are the steps I have found useful in achieving a successful exam stress season. Let me be clear about what I mean by ‘successful’. I do not define success as every one of my children achieving straight A* grades in all subjects. I define success as them getting through the stress of exams safe and well, and being able to look back satisfied that they gave it their best shot. The rest is for fate and the public examination boards to sort out.

Exam sympathy

This is a point in my parenting life when I feel I am required to be unreservedly sympathetic. Some parents may want to tell their children exams were harder in their day, or had taken on ten paper rounds before they were out of nappies. Even if these things were true, I realise this is not the best time to talk about it. Exams are hard and can be gruelling. I find it helps to acknowledge this and state clearly my acceptance this is not a great time for teens. I also remind them it will not last forever, and a long summer break will soon be here – although I don’t mention results day is right in the middle of it!

Exam support

If you have some knowledge about the subjects your child is studying, it is tempting to become over-involved in the revision process, but this is not always helpful in the long term. The objective of this process is for your child to become an independent learner, so it may be useful to keep this in mind as you hog the textbooks.  Personally, I can be a complete pain in the neck when my kids are revising a subject which interests me, and I’m sure this is a constant source of irritation to them, but they humour me nevertheless.

On the other hand, don’t assume they will have everything available for the learning process. Revision skills are taught in most schools these days, but your teen may not have taken them on board. Therefore, you may want to encourage them to discover what works for them, and this is a matter of trial and error. I personally need to write everything down in note form when I am learning, and I also find it helpful to talk out loud as if I am explaining it to someone else. Some students find a whiteboard and pens useful, while others need a huge notebook. If you support them in their chosen revision method, at least it shows you respect the process and consider them mature enough to handle their own revision. If they can revise according to their own style it will be more productive, and perhaps even enjoyable, for them. They will NEVER admit this, however.

Exam structure

A perfectly structured family life is, in my experience, almost impossible to obtain. I can, however, see the benefits of everyone knowing what is happening and when. The timetables for public examinations are published well in advance and shared by schools and colleges. As soon as you get yours, pop the dates into your calendar or simply pin the timetable up in the kitchen where everyone can see it. That way you can plan family events without clashes.

revision timetable really is essential, but can and should be flexible. Subjects can be broken down into sections or topics which can each be allocated a ‘session’. There should also be scheduled 
breaks. These are some of the reasons I find a timetable useful: 

1.       It makes it easy to appreciate the quantity of work needed. Teens approaching public examinations for the first time sometimes underestimate the quantity of material they will have to plough through. This can lead to a last-minute panic. 

2.       It gives a psychological boost to teens who are floundering and overwhelmed, because it provides a clear path and much needed structure. 

3.       It shares out time between subjects, so your teens don’t become bogged down in one subject to the detriment of another. 

4.       It can give a sense of achievement if they stick to it. 

5.       If they don’t stick to it, this can give you or them an idea of how far behind they have got.

Exam supplies

My thoughts on this subject are very clear: if you are leaving your teen at home to revise, make sure there is plenty of reasonably healthy food in the house. This will prevent them from either starving to death or ordering several pizzas using your credit card details while you are out.

I know the official advice is to feed your child healthy brain-enhancing food at this time, and I feel this is absolutely the right thing to do. I also know there are moments in your life when you really have to have a chocolate biscuit, and halfway through an algebra equation is very likely to be one of those moments. So, once again, I try to reach a compromise. This is really not the time to have a blazing row over organic wholegrain crackers and humus.

Help with exam stress

There is no escaping the fact teens are put under a lot of pressure around exam time. Some will sail through with no problems, but others will struggle, and a few will become seriously affected by mental health issues.There is plenty of help available if you are worried about your child’s exam stress. If you feel your child is really not coping with exams, and their physical or mental health is deteriorating, you should contact your GP, who will be able to give you some further advice. Organisations like ChildLine and Mind can also offer support and guidance.Exam sympathyExam supportExam structureExam suppliesHelp with exam stress

13 comments:

mbinfosoft said...

Such an interesting and informative piece of guidance imparted by you. I am glad to discover this information here and I am sure that this might be beneficial for us.
Study in UK

Gary Derek Beckett said...

If you are seeking a Bank Guarantee (BG), SBLC for Lease or Purchase, we are the best financial institution to help you to secure verifiable and easily monetized BG, SBLC and other financial instruments. At SPOT FINANCE, we are a group of experienced bankers, seasoned brokers with years of experience in the financial instrument industry. We deal directly with reliable Providers of BG, SBLC, MT109, MT799, MT760, Loans, Sale and Lease of Financial Instruments issued by Top rated global banks.

Our procedure is TIME SAVING and transparent. With us, you can secure any denomination of BG / SBLC from 10M to 10B (EURO / USD) in time for use in Heavy / Light project financing anywhere in the world.

Basically, we are here to help you move your business to the next level.

Anticipating your interests,
Email: info.spotfinanceltd@gmail.com
Skype: spotfinanceltd

Sincere regards,
Gary Derek Beckett
SPOT FINANCE LTD

Ethan jurk said...

If you are facing problem regarding HP Officejet Printer Offline. wps pin for hp printer · How to Resolve HP DESKJET PRINTER OFFLINE SUPPORT.

No Name said...

CONTACT 24/7
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040
Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

We are Selling SSN Dob Leads/Fullz/Pros, along with Driving License/ID Number For Tax return & W-2 Form filling, etc.

**PRICE**
>>1$ each without DL/ID number
>>2$ each with DL
>>5$ each for premium (also included relative info)

**DETAILS IN LEADs/FULLZ/PROS**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER WITH EXPIRY DATE
->COMPLETE ADDRESS
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, I.P ADDRESS
->EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
->REALTIONSHIP DETAILS
->MORTGAGE INFO
->BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

>All Leads are Spammed & Verified.
>Fresh spammed data of USA Credit Bureau
>Good credit Scores, 700 minimum scores
>Bulk order will be preferable
>Invalid info found, will be replaced.
>Payment mode BTC, ETH, LTC, PayPal, USDT & PERFECT MONEY

''OTHER GADGETS PROVIDING''

>SSN+DOB Fullz
>CC with CVV
>Dead Fullz
>Carding Tutorials
>Hacking Tutorials
>SMTP Linux Root
>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
>Sock Tools
>Server I.P's
>HQ Emails with passwords

**Contact 24/7**

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

micheal pan said...

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast 
you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
$50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught 
,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it 
also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (
atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com ). Tell your 
loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is ;
atmmachinehackers1@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I want to share this wonderful testimony to the Good people all over the world on how I was able to Enlarge my Penis by Dr.OSE I was living a shameful life from my young age, just last month as I was browsing on the internet about Penis size and Enlargement Products, I saw a testimony of a Man called George , testifying of how he was able to get his penis Enlarged by Dr.ose and I decided to also Email Dr.ose for my small penis size and he quickly respond to me and gave me the normal instructions which i did and then he shipped the product to me here in the united state which i received in just 3 working days and today i am very happy because i started seeing positive changes in my penis size in just 7 days of use. Dr.OSE herbal product is the best recommended for you and to whomever suffering from this shame or having any other diseases as well should Contact this great herbal doctor via his Email :oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and WhatsApp Him on +2348136482342 https://www.facebook.com/Dr-odion-spell-temple-110513923938220/      

No Name said...

**SELLING SSN+DOB FULLZ**

CONTACT
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040
Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

>>1$ each without DL/ID number
>>2$ each with DL
>>5$ each for premium (also included relative info)

*Will reduce price if buying in bulk
*Hope for a long term business

FORMAT OF LEADS/FULLZ/PROS

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER WITH EXPIRY DATE
->COMPLETE ADDRESS
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, I.P ADDRESS
->EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
->REALTIONSHIP DETAILS
->MORTGAGE INFO
->BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

>Fresh Leads for tax returns & w-2 form filling
>Payment mode BTC, ETH, LTC, PayPal, USDT & PERFECT MONEY

''OTHER GADGETS PROVIDING''

>SSN+DOB Fullz
>CC with CVV
>Photo ID's
>Dead Fullz
>Spamming Tutorials
>Carding Tutorials
>Hacking Tutorials
>SMTP Linux Root
>DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
>Sock Tools
>Server I.P's
>HQ Emails with passwords

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040

THANK YOU

No Name said...

Hi Guy's

Fresh & valid spammed USA SSN+Dob Leads with DL available in bulk.

>>1$ each SSN+DOB
>>2$ each with SSN+DOB+DL
>>5$ each for premium (also included relative info)

Prices are negotiable in bulk order
Serious buyer contact me no time wasters please
Bulk order will be preferable

CONTACT
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040
Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

OTHER STUFF YOU CAN GET

SSN+DOB Fullz
CC's with CVV's (vbv & non-vbv)
USA Photo ID'S (Front & back)

All type of tutorials available
(Carding, spamming, hacking, scam page, Cash outs, dumps cash outs)

SMTP Linux Root
DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
Socks, rdp's, vpn's
Server I.P's
HQ Emails with passwords

Looking for long term business
For trust full vendor, feel free to contact

CONTACT
Telegram > @leadsupplier
ICQ > 752822040
Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Mariela García said...

I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my husband. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and she told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my husband know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Zuma zuk spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com

Susan Hedstrom said...

Life has not been easy with me after my marriage was broken when my husband filled for a divorced but I thank God for using LORD ZAKUZA who's like a God on Earth to get my broken marriage restored with his powerful spell. I suffered for depression for 6 months but today, I am so happy for getting to know LORD ZAKUZA for his spell has really made me to believe that of a truth spells are real and they work. I adhered to every bit of instructions given to me by LORD ZAKUZA for he promised me that he will make me happy and proud and really, all that happened and my husband came back to me with his knees on the ground begging me for forgiveness within 48 hours after I got in touch with him and now we are perfectly bonded again for life. I can boldly say to everyone out there that LORD ZAKUZA spells is really the best and most powerful. I'm forever grateful to him till the end of time. So, you can get connected with him on WhatsApp with this number +1 (740) 573-9483 or Email via: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

CELPIP CERTIFICATE FOR SALE said...

As a frequent web user, I gotta give you props for such captivating content. From language to style it's almost like we had the same vision. Change your life this year with our CELPIP FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION​ ​ 2022. We have been very careful to make sure our CELPIP CERTIFICATE FOR SALE​ ​ gives you the opportunities you have been looking for. I'll definitely bookmark this page to read this article moe times. Happy new year fellow readers.

Big Bull said...

Tutorials, Tools & Fullz Available
For Contact:
@killhacks = ICQ/TG
peeterhacks = Wickr/Skype

CC Fullz with CVV & SSN Info
High Credit Scores Fullz
Dumps with Pin Codes Track 101 & 202
EIN Business Fullz
SSN DOB DL Fullz/Pros/Leads
SBA/PUA/UI/Tax Return Filling fullz

Ethical Ha-cking Complete Course with Tools & Tutorials
Carding Methods of Cashout & Transfers
Spamming & Ha-cking Stuff Full Package
Kali Linux Master, BTC Crakcer/Flasher
Combos, Mailers, Senders
I.p's/Proxies, Logins
Etc

Huge stuff Available now
Fresh & Valid, Invalid will be replaced
Contact for any query

ICQ = 752822040
TG = @leadsupplier
Skype/Wickr = peeterhacks