Thursday 10 March 2016

Are apprenticeships the right path for you?


Apprenticeships come in all shapes and sizes but did you know that loads of famous people began their careers as apprentices?

Elvis Presley was an apprentice electrician, Sir Alex Ferguson was an apprentice tool worker and Ozzy Osbourne started out as an apprentice plumber. Admittedly they didn’t become famous in their chosen apprenticeship careers but the skills they learnt stood them in good stead.

These transferable skills are what employers rave about. They say that apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications. They can communicate effectively, plan and think ahead and are helpful and trustworthy.


So don’t rule out the apprenticeship route, it could be the road to success. Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and Gary Rhodes all did apprenticeships in culinary skills. John Frieda in hairdressing and Ruth Badger from The Apprentice studied a business apprenticeship.

Meet some amazing apprentices and enter our apprenticeship competition to win an iPad Air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬