Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Student finance: how to change your course details and apply for last minute funding

On results day, for better or worse you may end up with unexpected grades. If this is the case you might end up using Clearing or, if you meet and exceed your conditions you’re eligible for Adjustment. Whether it’s Clearing or Adjustment you use it’s important to let Student Finance know of any updated course details.

Mark Lee Kelly, Communications Executive at the Student Loans Company has some words of advice for anyone changing their course at this time of year.

‘Not applied for finance yet? 
If you’ve got a full-time or part-time place at university or college through Clearing or Adjustment and haven’t applied for student finance you need to apply right away, if you require funding.
Applications take at least six weeks to be processed, but we’ll do an initial assessment so you have some money as close to the start of your course as possible. Don’t forget – the sooner you apply the better!

Apply now on our website. If you haven’t already registered, you’ll need to do this first.

Already applied for student finance? 
If you’ve already applied for full-time student finance but decided to change your course, university or college through Clearing or Adjustment, you need to let us know as soon as possible as it might affect what student finance you’re able to get.

It’s easy to change your course, university or college details online; log into your account and then go to: Your Account > Change Your Application > University/College and Course 

Part-time students can update their course, university or college details by downloading and completing a Change of Circumstances form available here.

Advice for EU students – full-time and part-time 
EU students who haven’t been resident in the UK for three years before their course start date can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan. If you haven’t applied for your loan yet you need to do this right away as applications can take around six weeks to be processed. To apply as an EU student download and complete a paper EU15N form available here.

If you’ve already applied for your Tuition Fee Loan and your course, college or university changes you need to let us know right away to make sure your fees are paid. To update your application, download and complete a EUCO1 form.’

If you have any questions about student finance you can call them on 0300 100 0607 or contact them on Facebook and Twitter.

Good luck on results day!

No comments: